Zurich Financial Services
Web and mobile Lead UI Visual Designer
Project background: Finance Navigator – UK Life project (Future You, December 2016 launch) – Improve presence in the market and customer communications.
Core responsibilities: as the Lead UI Visual Designer within a 4-man UX/UI team and possessing a good understanding of UX, across web and mobile platforms, core responsibilities consisted of, but in were in no way limited to the following:
- Creative web design using existing design templates and agreed brand look and feel
- Working alongside the UX team to shape the website design around customer need/experience
- Iconography creation and updating the Zurich style guide
- Sourcing appropriate imagery for use on the website, magazine, HTML emails
- New applications being built – Development and design
- Showing a thorough understanding of typography, colour usage and iconography
- Creation of designs that adhered to the Zurich digital style guide
- Proposing designs that extended the digital style guide as appropriate
- Creation of reusable components
- Interpret wireframes, add branding and interaction elements (working with a front end developers)
- Assisting in the development of any required extensions to the digital style guide
- Production of graphical assets for delivery to the front-end developers
- Work closely with Zurich’s development partners (Deloitte)
Lead UI/UX Visual Designer
As the lead ‘mobile-first’ UX/UI visual designer, I did a complete redesign of the company’s new corporate responsive website design for mobile, tablet and desktop as well as designs for the transactional site, selling their up-market range of “House Beautiful” products: (Carpets, Carpet Tiles, Vinyl, Luxury Vinyl, Laminate, Underlay and Beds). I also designed the new HTML emails for their “House Beautiful” range. The development work was outsourced, which also required liaising with the dev team and in-house stakeholders. I was required to create hi-res imagery and user flows to facilitate the build. Software used was Axure RP Pro and Adobe CC for the creation of new and/or adaptation of existing website banners, skyscrapers and iconography. This contract also required hand coding of existing HTML emails using Dreamweaver.
vodafone Gmbh, dusseldorf
UI/UX Visual Designer
Contract as part of a small Visual and UX/UI design team on a project involving design on the Vodafone’s One POS system for specifically for their mobile phone outlets, creating user journeys using Sketch and flow charts using Axure. Also required were dashboard designs using Photoshop CC and the design of UX Poster elements/screens for the Vodafone app as viewed on mobile devices, which included iconography, colours, typography, buttons, text fields and ‘help’ contact information.